1. (以某種方式)發生;最后是;結果是
If something turns out a particular way, it happens in that way or has the result or degree of success indicated.
e.g. If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me...
如果我早知道自己的人生結局會是如此,我當時寧愿讓他們殺了我。
e.g. Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to...
有時事情并不像我們認為的那樣發展。
2. (尤指天氣突然)變得(晴好)
When you are commenting on pleasant weather, you can say that it has turned out nice or fine, especially if this is unexpected.
e.g. It's turned out nice again.
天氣又突然轉好了。
3. 原來是;結果發現
If something turns out to be a particular thing, it is discovered to be that thing.
e.g. Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong...
科斯格雷夫的預測最后證明是大錯特錯。
e.g. It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
結果發現我認識那個中槍的人。
4. 關掉,熄滅(電燈、煤氣等)
When you turn out something such as a light or gas, you move the switch or knob that controls it so that it stops giving out light or heat.
e.g. I'll just play until the janitor comes round to turn the lights out.
我會一直玩到門房過來熄燈。
5. 生產;制造
If a business or other organization turns out something, it produces it.
e.g. They have been turning out great blades for 400 years.
他們生產優質刀片已經有 400 年歷史了。
6. (尤指把某人從其長期居住處)攆走,趕出,逐出
If you turn someone out of a place, especially the place where they have been living, you force them to leave that place.
e.g. Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house...
當然不會有人建議把他從房子里趕出去。
e.g. They were turned out of the hotel…
他們被趕出了旅館。
7. 翻出;倒出
If you turn out the contents of a container, you empty it by removing them or letting them fall out.
e.g. Turn out the dough on to a floured surface...
把生面團倒在撒了面粉的案板上。
e.g. Turn the plants out of their pots.
把植物從花盆里倒出來。
8. 出席;參加;前去觀看
If people turn out for a particular event or activity, they go and take part in it or watch it.
e.g. Thousands of people turned out for the funeral...
數千人參加了葬禮。
e.g. It was no wonder the fans turned out. The matches yielded 259 goals.
怪不得球迷們蜂擁而至來觀看比賽。這些比賽共產生了 259 粒進球。
9. see also: turnout;turned out
1. 結果是:turn on 接通、打開 | turn out 結果是 | turn over 翻過來、轉移、轉交
2. 生產:Racial intolerance 種族偏執 | Turn out 生產 | Turn up with sb 出現
3. turn out在線翻譯
3. 制造:all of the sudden 突然 | turn out 制造 | intestine 腸子
4.
4. 生產;驅逐;翻轉:turn one's back on 不理睬 | turn out 生產;驅逐;翻轉 | turn over (機器等)運轉;翻過來
以上就是本站詳細整理的詞語turn out是什么意思的翻譯解釋,供大家參考一下。
Her toes turn out.(她的腳趾向外撇。)
That's enough to make a connection, and this connection can turn out to be more beneficial than we might suspect.(這就足以建立一種聯系,而且這種聯系可能比我們想象的更加有益。)
We are still at the beginning of this revolution and small choices now may turn out to have gigantic consequences later.(我們仍處于這場革命的開端,現在的一些小小選擇可能會在今后產生巨大的影響。)
Snyder went beyond the simple notion that hope is merely the sense that everything will turn out all right.(施耐德超越了這個簡單的想法,即希望僅僅是一切都會好起來的感覺。)
Leaders urged people to turn out in large numbers to repudiate the violence.(領導們力勸人們集體出面來聲討該暴力。)
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.(如果我知道我的一生會是這樣的結果,我早就該讓他們殺了我。)
Their story, though not as spectacular to the eye, will surely turn out to be as subtle and as complex.(他們的故事雖然看起來不那么壯觀,但肯定會變得同樣微妙和復雜。)
I was positive things were going to turn out fine.(我當時就確信事情最終會好起來。)
We've contrived various justifications that turn out to be half-truths, prejudices or myths.(我們想出了各種各樣的解釋,結果它們要么半真半假,要么只是偏見或傳說。)
Children of educated and upper-middle-class parents turn out to be far more curious, even at early ages, than children of working class and lower class families.(受過教育的孩子以及中上層家庭的孩子甚至在很小的時候就比工人階級和下層家庭的孩子更有好奇心。)