adv.實際上;幾乎;簡直
/">大學英語考研英語大綱詞匯單詞大全adv.(副詞)實際上,事實上
幾乎,差不多,簡直
從實際出發,實事求是地
通過實踐
很接近
實用地
adv.(副詞)幾乎,簡直 very nearly; almost
實際地,實事求是地 in a practical manner
adv
1. (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely
e.g. much the same thing happened every time
practically everything in Hinduism is the manifestation of a god
Synonym: much
2. in a practical manner
e.g. practically orientated institutions such as business schools
a brilliant man but so practically inept that he needed help to cross the road safely
3. almost
nearly
e.g. practically the first thing I saw when I got off the train
he was practically the only guest at the party
there was practically no garden at all
1. 簡直;幾乎
Practically means almost, but not completely or exactly.
e.g. He'd known the old man practically all his life...
他幾乎打記事起就認識這個老人。
e.g. I know people who find it practically impossible to give up smoking.
我認識一些人,他們覺得戒煙幾乎是不可能的。
2. 實際上;實踐上
You use practically to describe something which involves real actions or events rather than ideas or theories.
e.g. The course is more practically based than the Masters degree...
該課程比碩士學位課程更注重實踐。
e.g. The British are not famed for their philosophy and tend to be more practically minded.
英國人不是以其哲學思想聞名,而是往往更注重實際。
1. 實際上,事實上:hardly 幾乎不 | practically 實際上,事實上 | presumably 推測起來,大概
2.
2. 幾乎,實際上:practical 實際的 | practically 幾乎,實際上 | practice 實踐,練習,開業
3. 實際上:exclusively 獨有的 | practically 實際上 | comprehension 理解
4.
4. 實際地:practicality 實際性 | practically 實際地 | practice 練習
adv.(副詞)practically, really, truly
這三個詞的共同意思是“事實上”“實際上”,都用于對事物真實性的評價。truly和really有時可以互換。其區別是:
truly強調事物的真實性,表示事物是“真實的,正確的,有道理的”; really強調所述與事實相符,即“事實就是如此”; practically則指與事實相差無幾,語氣最弱。例如:
This is a really〔truly〕 beautiful picture.這確實是一張很美的畫。
There was a truly beautiful view from the window.窗外景觀確實美極了。
He had practically finished his meal when I arrived.我到達時他差不多吃完飯了。
I really don't like her.我可真不喜歡她。
以上就是本站詳細整理的詞語practically是什么意思的翻譯解釋,供大家參考一下。
They are clamoring for the mother's attention, sort of squeaking and practically saying—don't forget about me!(他們大吵著引起母親的注意,幾乎是在尖叫著說——別忘了我!)
After all, true vitamin deficiencies are practically unheard of in industrialized countries.(畢竟,真正的維生素缺乏在工業化國家幾乎聞所未聞。)
The show has been running for over ten years, and some of the actors are practically global super stars.(這部劇已經播了超過10年了,其中一些演員幾乎是全球超級明星。)
My essay is practically finished now.(我的論文現在差不多寫完了。)
Practically every film he made was nominated for an Oscar.(他制作的每部電影幾乎都獲得了奧斯卡提名。)
The theatre was practically empty.(劇院幾乎是空的。)
It rained practically all night.(幾乎整夜下著雨。)
I meet famous people practically every day.(我幾乎每天都見到名人。)
Japan was to remain the world's biggest producer of raw silk, and practically the only major exporter of raw silk, until the 1970s.(直到20世紀70年代,日本一直是世界上最大的生絲生產國,實際上也是唯一的主要生絲出口國。)
There's practically no difference between the two options.(這兩種選擇幾乎沒什么差別。)
Joe's Date-(喬的約會)
A:And then we went to a dance after dinner, and after the third dance she tells me that she's practically engaged to some G.I. who's overseas.
那樣,晚飯后我們去跳舞,跳完第三只舞她告訴我,其實她已經同一位海外的大兵訂婚了。
B:So?
這沒什么。
practically
A:What do you mean by "so"? You don't accept dates if you're practically engaged.
你說"這沒什么"是什么意思?既然你已訂婚,就不應再接受約會。
B:Why not? You only asked her for a date, not for her hand in marriage.There's nothing wrong in going out with a friend from the office.
為什么不可以?你只不過是請她赴約會,又不是向她求婚。同辦公室的一位朋友出去玩玩并沒有什么不對。
A:I know, but it makes me mad.
我知道,不過這使我很惱火。
B:They're all engaged, and they never tell you before you ask them out.
她們都訂婚了,而如果你不問她們,她們從不告訴你。
Getting Started-(成立公司)
A:Let's review our start-up plans. When do you think we will be able to move into our new office?
我們再看一遍我們的初步計劃。你想什么時候我們可以搬進新的辦公室?
B:Well, we can move in any time after July first, but moving in and actually getting started are two different things.
七月一號之后我們隨時可以搬進去,不過搬進去和實際開始工作是兩回事。
A:Good point. Anyway, I have our new marketing manager, Helen Parker, helping us get set up.
說得好。無論如何,我會要我們新任的市場經理,海倫.派克幫忙我們打點一切。
B:What is she doing?
她是做什么的?
A:She's overseeing the purchase of equipment and so forth.
她監督機器設備的采購等等。
B:Does she have a background in that sort of thing?
她有那方面的背景嗎?
A:As a matter of fact, it turns out she practically ran her last company, from marketing to finance.
事實上,她上一個公司從行銷到財務,實際上都是她在運作的。
B:I'm looking forward to meeting her.
我期待認識她。
A:Have you begun to investigate factories? I'm so glad we aren't going to try to run our own factory at first.
你開始調查工廠了嗎?我很高興我們沒有先試圖設立自己的工廠。
B:Yes, I've started. And I've found some good people for R and D, too. Then there are the art people designing our logos-
是的,開始了。我也替研發部門找了些好人才。然后有一些美術人員設計我們的商標——
A:Oh, no! Millions of details: logos, slogans, letterhead, name cards . . .
商標,標語,信頭,名片……
B:You thought setting up a company was going to be easy?
你覺得創立一間公司會容易嗎?
用作副詞(adv.)
She's practically always late for school.Such extremes of temperature are practically difficult to produce.